Glance Back – form guide for Wetherby
Please see below the exclusive SRC form guide for Glance Back’s race at Wetherby:
1. Caraline – Won four in a row in 2015/16, but was recording first win since when bolting up here in December in a first-time tongue-tie. Ran creditably next two starts and, though not at his best at Carlisle last time, he goes very well here and is one for the shortlist.
2. Applaus – Won bumper here in 2015 and has since added two successes over hurdles. Fair efforts in defeat first two starts over fences and had no chance at the weights latest outing. Still, others look stronger.
3. Lake Field – Has done well since joining this yard from Ireland, winning by a wide margin at Newbury in December and following up off the same mark a week later. Found out off this higher mark last twice, but yard going well and should have a say.
4. Casual Cavalier – Won three for this yard shortly after joining them at the turn of last year, but has struggled off higher marks since. Signs of a return to form last time and feasibly-treated, but so can’t be ruled out.
5. Uno Valoroso – Has held his form well this season, winning at Bangor in December and placed all four starts since in small-field handicap chases. Capable of reaching the frame, but opposed for win purposes.
6. Roxyfet – Wis in his turn, the latest of them at Market Rasen earlier this month, but unplaced twice since, including off this mark over fences on penultimate start. Others preferred.
7. GLANCE BACK
8. Pembroke House – Poor win record and, whilst he hasn’t been in bad form of late, he doesn’t look a winner waiting to happen, especially in this grade.
VERDICT: This is quite competitive and certainly a considerably better race than the one which Glance Back won last time. Caraline goes well here and is greatly respected, whilst Lake Field should find this a little easier and can go close. Casual Cavalier may be next best.
Recommended Bet: Glance Back does look like he will be suited by going left-handed and will be tough to beat if getting into a rhythm around here. Still, this is a step up in grade and, with the ground still on the soft side, only a small bet is recommended on this occasion.
1pt win Glance Back