Terms & Conditions
The Select Racing Club is a Limited Company registered in England (04349904).
Our Registered Head Office and correspondence address are set out below:
Registered Head Office / Correspondence Address
20-22 Wenlock Road
George Green Solicitors act as lawyers for the Select Racing Club Limited:
195 High St
Terms and Conditions of Membership
The Select Racing Club was established to provide Members with greater access to and enjoyment of horse racing. Each member acknowledges that their participation in the Club is for the purposes of sharing the enjoyment of a racehorse and not for investment purposes. The Club leases horses in training and seeks to increase the involvement of Members by putting many of the key decisions relating to the running of some of the horses, such as the selection of new horses, jockeys and racecourse venues to Member votes.
In order to increase the involvement of Members in the progress of the Club’s horses, the Select Racing Club provides a number of benefits associated with the Club’s running of the horses for the duration of your membership with the Club. These are set out below:
- Stable visits and gallop mornings. These are organised regularly throughout the syndicate term and are free of charge to Members. Visits are hosted and the trainer or appointed representative will be present to update Members on the horses’ progress and answer questions.
- Racecourse badges. Owners’ badges provided by the racecourse when a Club horse is running will be distributed to Members involved in that horse free of charge on a ballot system. Should a Member or Members not be successful in obtaining an owner’s badge in the ballot, the Club will use reasonable endeavours to obtain additional discounted entry badges to be provided to Members at cost.
- Discussion forums. To keep Members updated on progress, upcoming races and events, regular discussion forums are organised with the trainer and Club Manager to give Members the opportunity to ask questions and inform their decision making on race decisions such as jockey, racecourse or race distance. Posts on the Select Racing Club website are subject to the website moderator.
- Regular updates. Emails covering the progress of the Club’s horses will be sent to members not less than once a fortnight.
- Prize money. In the event that the Club’s horses receive win or place prize money (typically paid to horses finishing in the first four places in a given race), each Member involved in that horse will be entitled to receive a share of this amount as follows:
- A percentage share (varying share options available at purchase, starting from 0.15%) of the prize money (ie of owners prize money after statutory proportion paid to the jockey and trainer and Weatherbys fees).
- Prize money is capped at £25,000 per horse per calendar year. All monies in excess of this figure will be put towards future horses for the Club.
- Prize money will be paid to members in lump sums, covering the period to the end of each syndicate term. This will be paid within 8 weeks of the end of the syndicate term.
The Membership fee is effective for the duration of the syndicate term (typically 9 months). There is no commitment to remain a Member after the membership has expired and in no circumstances will members need to make further payments in relation to the keeping, training, insurance and racing of the racehorses, no matter what costs the Club may incur.
The Club offers a standing order alternative to membership payment in full by debit or credit card.
Membership is for personal use only and cannot be utilised for any commercial reason. These rules shall be interpreted in accordance with these general principles.
The Manager of the Club, Select Racing Club Limited, (Registered as a Limited Company: 04349904) will have the sole right and obligation to manage the day to day affairs of the Club and will liaise with the relevant authorities to ensure that all regulations are adhered to and that the decisions of Members are made within parameters that set as paramount the wellbeing of the Club’s racehorses.
Racehorses are fragile and like human athletes are susceptible to injury. The Manager will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Club offers the Member an alternative share in a horse if the Member’s horse is unable to run twice during the syndicate term.
Where relevant, changes to the terms and conditions herein, shall be submitted to the BHA (British Horseracing Authority) for Code of Best Practice compliance guidance.
Whilst we wish to encourage group participation, Members must be aged 18 or over.
It is understood by the Member that:
- Horses that run for the Club will be leased or owned by the Manager for that purpose. At no time does the Member have a legal or equitable interest in any one or more of the Club’s horses; and each Member further represents and warrants that:
- It will not create, administer, sponsor, promote or otherwise enable a website which is similar to the Club’s website to be created, developed or operated.
- None of the rights conferred by the Club to a Member shall be capable of being gifted, sold, assigned or otherwise transferred.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the maximum liability of the Club to a Member arising out of or in connection with the Member’s membership of the Club shall not exceed three times the most recent annual membership fee payable by the Member at the time of the event or occurrence giving rise to the liability.
Cancellation and Refunds
We work hard to ensure Members enjoy being part of the Select Racing Club and the positive feedback we receive from members is testament to this. Should you not be happy with your purchase, please email us at email@example.com and we will see if we can help. We are happy to offer a refund if you are not satisfied within 14 days of joining. In the unlikely event you wish to cancel during your membership during the year, please do also contact us using the above address and we will process this.